Visit any of the categories below to see specific guideline for each department
Twisted South Magazine is looking for submissions in all categories of Southern food and drink. This is the South, and just like our crazy people, we're damn proud of our food and libation too.
We are accepting Southern food articles on anything from moonshine to the 'mom and pop' corner grocery to your Granny's Ambrosia and affection for bourbon chasers. Short biographical pieces, recipes (old, new and fusion), restaurant reviews, gardening tips, regional cuisine, rare/heritage breed plants and farm animals, BBQ joints, dive and classy Southern bars...anything and everything Southern food! You don't need to be based in the South, but your story must be wholly Southern and a bit "Twisted".
FOR ALL CATEGORIES
- All contact Info (Name, Address, Email) should be at the top of the first page.
- A short bio, no more than 250 words, at the end of your piece.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed. However, if work is accepted elsewhere, please withdraw your piece immediately.
- Twisted South only accepts unpublished work.
- We will contact you within 3-4 weeks regardless of acceptance
Twisted South magazine is looking for literary works—fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, as well as reviews and interviews—as authentic and unapologetic as the South itself. We strive to always publish work that is intelligent, challenging and, of course, twisted. You work doesn't necessarily have to be based in the South, but something about it should be Southern. A character, a trait or tradition, an idea; your work should feel like it could rest comfortably in the South. Not every character needs a redneck accent or a biscuit in their hand; we aim to celebrate the essential, eccentric South. Your work ought to reflect that.